none
MS Project Resource Sheet RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using MS Project for over a decade.  I recently took a job in construction and have been using the trial version to decide if I am interested in using the application for my work.  There are many other project management programs, but I went with familiarity and chose Project.

As I print up my resource usage charts and see where i have resources free I noticed some resources had 0 hours instead of 8 hours.  But the Gantt image shows the resources are on task.  So I looked in the resource information window and it shows the resource is indeed allocated to the task, but it doesn't show the calculations for the resource cost.  

This is without a doubt a bug as I have replicated the problem with various resources and tasks.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Marco

Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Marco,

I guess it is Project 2010 trial. Have you updated the product ? Updates are here at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587

Regards.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Hi

Its confusing from your thread, whether you are unable to view resource work values or cost values or both.

To view resource cost information, please ensure that you have updated the resoruces standard rate.

Thanks

Manmeet

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:50 PM
  • Hello Marco,

How is your progress with that issue ?

Regards.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 12:14 PM
  • Hi Marco,

As Project User has suggested you should go for full version and get the latest SP & patches installed; No such bug has been reported as you stated, if you can provide more information - we can look further.

Sapna S

Monday, April 2, 2012 2:27 PM
  • Macro,

Please re-open the thread if the problem is not resolved, closing the thread as of now.

Sapna S

Sunday, May 13, 2012 6:21 AM