I have a very weird search (indexing?) issue, that's not resolved after a clean install. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I have a very new desktop computer with Windows 10, which I mainly use for music production. Most of the time when I start up my PC I can do everything normally. Pressing the Windows key and typing to search works fine (this becomes a problem later on) and all my software works fine as well.

After some time, sometimes minutes, sometimes hours I can't use this search function (when I type, nothing happens), and some specific music plugins stop working. My PC also gets slow at this time, internet browsing gets slower and some programs like Dropbox stop working altogether. Do note that I also get these troubles when I'm not running any exotic music software at all, that's definitely not the problem. Right now for instance I'm running a clean install of Windows, after formatting my hard drive. I can force this 'error' when everything is working normally, by turning my wifi connection off and on. So: everything is working normally as it should, then I turn my wifi off and on, and then my search bar stops working.

One piece of information that might be crucial, these troubles míght only occur on Windows 10 version 1903 and higher. Earlier today I did a clean install of 1703, and I could not get the 'error' to trigger by turning the wifi off and on a few times. After updating to 1903, the troubles started again immédiately. I tried re-indexing and all that, but it doesn't solve the problem, even a clean install didn't. I hope someone can help me.

Best regards,

Teun.

Saturday, June 27, 2020 7:47 PM