Windows 10 blue screen error : DPC watchdog violation RRS feed

• Question

• Many times my PC gets hanged and goes into blue screen error showing DPC watchdog violation. I dont know what crashing it. It then reboots and starts working properly for another couple of hours. I have updated it to windows 10 from win7 home premium.
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 5:19 AM

Answers

• The is most likely caused by a driver.

MSDN article:

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bug check has a value of 0x00000133. This bug check indicates that the DPC watchdog executed, either because it detected a single long-running deferred procedure call (DPC), or because the system spent a prolonged time at an interrupt request level (IRQL) of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.  The value of Parameter 1 indicates whether a single DPC exceeded a timeout, or whether the system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at IRQL DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

Find the setuperr.log and the setupact.log file and upload them to OneDrive. Post the shared link here for us to analyze.

File location:

$windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback

Reference

Two TechNet threads with the same issue: [1] [2]

-

Hessam
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

• Edited by Zen the Ocelot Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Tuesday, September 22, 2015 11:19 PM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:40 AM

All replies

• The is most likely caused by a driver.

MSDN article:

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bug check has a value of 0x00000133. This bug check indicates that the DPC watchdog executed, either because it detected a single long-running deferred procedure call (DPC), or because the system spent a prolonged time at an interrupt request level (IRQL) of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.  The value of Parameter 1 indicates whether a single DPC exceeded a timeout, or whether the system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at IRQL DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

Find the setuperr.log and the setupact.log file and upload them to OneDrive. Post the shared link here for us to analyze.

File location:

$windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback

Reference

Two TechNet threads with the same issue: [1] [2]

-

Hessam
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

• Edited by Zen the Ocelot Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Tuesday, September 22, 2015 11:19 PM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:40 AM

• (updated from windows 7 profess. to windows 10 (GRRR!) 7 weeks ago.

Since 2 weeks i'm experiencing exactly the same dpc error and sometimes "driver power state failure ... (just too late to turn back to windows 7)

"Find the setuperr.log and the setupact.log file and upload them to OneDrive. Post the shared link here for us to analyze."

I'm sorry, but i find neither of those files. Where should these be ?

thanks

Tom

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:54 PM