Skype for Business crashes when starting a audio or video conversation (Lifesize Iconflex/Windows 8.1) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

recently the Skype for Business of a client started crashing when starting a audio- or videomeeting.
    When using the default Windows speakers and camera it all works well, when we use the LifeSize Iconflex audio and camera it crashes.

We already removed device drivers for the IconFlex and let Windows reinstall them automatically.
    I can see video from the camera preview in the Skype for Business settings.

Strange thing is that it all worked a week ago ...

Already tried repairing Office 2013 Professional aswell as completely reinstalling it.

Cheers,

Harm

Monday, August 29, 2016 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hi HFroyen,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved and thanks for your sharing, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Moreover, for you issue, I will give some more troubleshooting steps, if the issue reproduce, you could try it:

1.If the specific SFB client has the issue, you could try to delete the SFB cache files and test again if the issue persists.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com.

2.In order to avoid the effect of the third party software, please try to perform a clean boot.

You could refer to the following link to do a clean boot on your computer

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Hope the information helpful to you.

Alice Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, September 5, 2016 9:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, September 9, 2016 9:49 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:38 AM

All replies

• HFroyen,

Have you tried manually installing the drivers for your device?

-Don

Monday, August 29, 2016 5:47 PM
  • Hi HFroyen,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved and thanks for your sharing, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Moreover, for you issue, I will give some more troubleshooting steps, if the issue reproduce, you could try it:

1.If the specific SFB client has the issue, you could try to delete the SFB cache files and test again if the issue persists.

2.In order to avoid the effect of the third party software, please try to perform a clean boot.

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, September 5, 2016 9:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, September 9, 2016 9:49 AM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:38 AM
  • HFroyen,

Have you tried manually installing the drivers for your device?

-Don

Hi there Don,

I've searched the Lifesize website for drivers but couldn't find any.
    I manually removed the drivers from the Windows Device Management mmc and let them reinstall back when plugging in the USB.
    I've contacted Lifesize support, maybe they can supply me with some drivers ;-)

Cheers,

Harm

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 6:43 AM
  • Hi HFroyen,

Alice Wang

Thanks Alice I'll try your troubleshooting steps.
    My issue isn't resolved yet, but I'll share the answer if it is resolved!

Cheers,
    Harm

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 11:44 AM
  • Hi HFroyen,

Did you try to delete the cache files and perform a clean boot ?

For drivers, I suggest you could use windows default driver instead to test if the issue persists.

Good day.

Alice Wang

Thursday, September 1, 2016 9:04 AM
  • Hi HFroyen,

Did you try to delete the cache files and perform a clean boot ?

For drivers, I suggest you could use windows default driver instead to test if the issue persists.

Good day.

Alice Wang

Hi Alice,

No I haven't tested it yet because the client isn't available untill the September 21st.
    What do you mean with Windows Default Drivers?
    If I plug in the LifeSize IconFlex it installs drivers (I guess these are the Windows Default Drivers?).
    I haven't installed other custom drivers yet because there aren't any available for download on the LifeSize website.

Cheers,

Harm

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 6:53 AM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for your update.

What I mean is updating these driver using windows update.

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, September 9, 2016 9:49 AM