none
How to add second Content DB to existing web application of port 80 RRS feed

• Question

• In live server we have two content db with the same web application.

WSS_ContentDB

EPM_ContentDB

I need to restore them into test server.

I delete the existing web application in test server and create new web application at port 80 with the content database (WSS_ContentDB)

but some sites are exist in "EPM_ContentDB" after that how to I add this db to view those sites in browser.

Kindly reply me urgently

Monday, August 13, 2012 8:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The first thing you need to do is restore the EPM_ContentDB to the database on the test environment. When you done that you use Central Administration to add the EPM_ContentDB to the webapplication. You can do this at manage content databases. You can also you Powershell with this command: 

Mount-SPContentDatabase -Name contentdb -DatabaseServer dbserver -WebApplication webappname

Hope it helps.

With Kind Regards,

Robin Kruithof

Functional Consultant EPM

Monday, August 13, 2012 8:21 AM
  • Hi,

Yes it will mount the EPM_ContentDB to the web application. Or alternatively you can you Central Administration to add it if you are not comfortable to do it by Powershell. You can do this in Central Administration under Manage Content Databases.

Hope it helps.

With Kind Regards,

Robin Kruithof

Technical Consultant EPM

• Edited by Robin Kruithof Monday, August 13, 2012 2:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by John.Eddie Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:49 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The first thing you need to do is restore the EPM_ContentDB to the database on the test environment. When you done that you use Central Administration to add the EPM_ContentDB to the webapplication. You can do this at manage content databases. You can also you Powershell with this command: 

Mount-SPContentDatabase -Name contentdb -DatabaseServer dbserver -WebApplication webappname

Hope it helps.

With Kind Regards,

Robin Kruithof

Functional Consultant EPM

Monday, August 13, 2012 8:21 AM
  • with the mount command i will mount second content db (EPM_Contentdb) ?
    Monday, August 13, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

Yes it will mount the EPM_ContentDB to the web application. Or alternatively you can you Central Administration to add it if you are not comfortable to do it by Powershell. You can do this in Central Administration under Manage Content Databases.

Hope it helps.

With Kind Regards,

Robin Kruithof

Technical Consultant EPM

• Edited by Robin Kruithof Monday, August 13, 2012 2:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by John.Eddie Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:49 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2012 2:18 PM