none
Remote registry / computer management issues RRS feed

• Question

• Am in the process of changing a site over to a 2 node fail-over cluster solution (NODE1 & NODE2) but have hit a bump.

When running the cluster configuration validation tool I'm unable to add in the other node. Get the following error: "failed to access remote registry on NODE2.domain.local. Ensure that the remote registry service is running, and have remote administration enabled."

Now I've checked remote registry service is running and remote admin is enabled.

I can access both new servers from the current old servers (mix of 2003 and 2008), so the receiving part is working... I just think that both servers have an issue with sending the request to access another computer. 

Can anyone help?

Thursday, February 11, 2016 1:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please try running "winrm quickconfig" on all your servers, this will set permissions for remote PowerShell access.

Additional, if you have enable the remote administration, please try to break the NIC teaming then try again. Other possible is may your NIC “File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks" and "Client for Microsoft Networks" are not selected on the NICS, please select this protocol.

Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Best Practices (In Easy Checklist Form)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askpfeplat/archive/2013/03/10/windows-server-2012-hyper-v-best-practices-in-easy-checklist-form.aspx

Best practices for configuring and operating server clusters

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc785714(v=ws.10).aspx

Similar case for your reference:

validation failed on remote server - Ensure that the remote registry service is running, and have remote administration enabled

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Lync/en-US/e0e42647-ffb1-4393-9c1e-9d0e78cbd374/validation-failed-on-remote-server-ensure-that-the-remote-registry-service-is-running-and-have?forum=winserverClustering

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:58 AM
  • Hi,

Try Disabling IPv6 and enabling Client for Microsoft network and File and Printer sharing for NIC.

Thanks,

Anantesh

Thursday, February 11, 2016 5:19 AM
  • Thanks very much... didn't know that "client for microsoft networks" wasn't added by default.. once added in all good.

cheers.

Friday, February 12, 2016 1:22 AM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 12, 2016 1:32 AM
  • Hi,

Glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

Cheers!!

Friday, February 12, 2016 3:06 AM
  • Am in the process of changing a site over to a 2 node fail-over cluster solution (NODE1 & NODE2) but have hit a bump.

When running the cluster configuration validation tool I'm unable to add in the other node. Get the following error: "failed to access remote registry on NODE2.domain.local. Ensure that the remote registry service is running, and have remote administration enabled."

Now I've checked remote registry service is running and remote admin is enabled.

I can access both new servers from the current old servers (mix of 2003 and 2008), so the receiving part is working... I just think that both servers have an issue with sending the request to access another computer. 

Can anyone help?

Hi, hello, I have encountered such a problem, but adjusting the solution provided above does not solve the problem. I did the following:
    1. Disable ipv6 and enable network client and file and printer sharing
    2. Enable remote registry service

May I ask how I should adjust to make sure I can use it normally?
    Tuesday, September 11, 2018 4:50 PM