Monitoring HP servers in SCOM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Anyone have steps to follow to Monitor HP servers using SCOM. I went thro the docs from HP, but it looks to install thro' Insight, but we dont have the media. Is there any way I can configure to SCOM to monitor HP.

Did noticed that we can download Proliant and blade from HP web site is that suffice or we need to install Insight too.Pls advice if any steps available.

Thanks ton in Advance!!!

- Thanks, Varshinie
    Monday, February 6, 2012 6:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Download the Proliant and Blade MP from HP, you don't need Insight

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by SaiVarshini Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:24 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 7:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Download the Proliant and Blade MP from HP, you don't need Insight

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by SaiVarshini Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:24 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 7:35 PM
  • Thanks a lot dktoa!!!

- Thanks, Varshinie

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:24 AM
  • Download the Proliant and Blade MP from HP, you don't need Insight

This is true, however you do need to install the Insight Management WBEM or SNMP providers on the server's you want to monitor. These can be downloaded from the proliant support page.
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Thanks Joe,

Is there any other pre req that should be considered before taking the MP into SCOM. Pls advice I am very new to this stuffs.

Like SNMP requirement, if any custom configuration.

Thanks ton in Advance!!!

- Thanks, Varshinie

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Hi,

I suggests you download both MP, and read the User Guides

Download here:

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductsList.do?groupName=HP+Server+integrations+with+Microsoft+System+Center+products

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:15 PM
  • I am done with that... Do we need to Install SNMP, its not enabled in SCOM Server

- Thanks, Varshinie

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:45 PM
  • To add more I tried installed in my MS, but the HP MP's didnt get loaded, I checked in ADmin-->Management pack view.

SNMP is not enabled on MS.

- Thanks, Varshinie

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 1:48 PM