Formatting Table of Content Appendix RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I'm creating a template and I want to format TOC Appendix to appear like Section 1 and Section 2. 

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 8:47 PM

Answers

• Paul,

I've actually resolved this issue on my own. On another note, it would really help if you would include a screenshot with your answers. You've included links in a previous question I submitted, so I think you have the capability to include screenshots too. If you don't then I won't be able to fully understand your responses and mark them as answers. 

Thank you again,

LG_GO

Friday, August 24, 2018 1:41 PM

All replies

• You can either apply the same Heading Style to the Appendix as you have for the Section headings or you can apply the same Style definition to your Appendix heading as you've given to the Style used for the Section headings.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thursday, August 23, 2018 2:58 AM
  • I'm a little confused. Do you want to implement it using VBA? 

Best Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, August 23, 2018 3:45 AM
  • You can either apply the same Heading Style to the Appendix as you have for the Section headings or you can apply the same Style definition to your Appendix heading as you've given to the Style used for the Section headings.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Paul - I've done that as illustrated below. However, when I did, I see a weird spacing between Appendix A - Acronyms. 

Thursday, August 23, 2018 6:11 PM
  • I'm a little confused. Do you want to implement it using VBA? 

Best Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

No, I'm trying to understand how to fix the spacing between Appendix A - Acronyms.
    Thursday, August 23, 2018 6:12 PM
  • Your screenshot shows the 'Table of Contents Options' dialogue. That dialogue has nothing to do with what I suggested, which concerned the use and/or modification of Word Styles. I made specific mention of a Heading Style (of which there are 9). There are also TOC Styles - usually linked to the corresponding Heading Style - ordinarily used by the Table of Contents itself; you may need to modify one of those to get the desired Table of Contents layout. It is the Style definitions that manage such things as paragraph before/after spacing, which is what I assume you mean by 'weird spacing'.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thursday, August 23, 2018 9:47 PM
  • OK. But this forum(Word for Developers) is for development issues related to Word Object Model and your problem is more related to Word product feature, so I would move this thread into Word IT Pro Discussions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Simon

Friday, August 24, 2018 1:04 AM
  • Simon,

Thanks for confirming. I see that you've moved this for me. 

Friday, August 24, 2018 1:37 PM
  • Paul,

I've actually resolved this issue on my own. On another note, it would really help if you would include a screenshot with your answers. You've included links in a previous question I submitted, so I think you have the capability to include screenshots too. If you don't then I won't be able to fully understand your responses and mark them as answers. 

Thank you again,

LG_GO

Friday, August 24, 2018 1:41 PM
  • Hi,

I notice that he issue has been resolved in your side. If so, please remember to mark it as answer to close the thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 10:02 AM
  • Thanks, I've marked it.
    Tuesday, August 28, 2018 2:27 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:05 PM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 12:11 PM