Clients not reporting to WSUS Server RRS feed

• Question

• Read previous question from '08 concerning similar issue.

We stood up WSUS 3.0 in our environment.
    Since then we brought in SCCM with FCS.  Sometime during the last three months, the clients started to listed as not reported yet.

I checked some uddates log on the clients and found no entry for failure.  Did find entries that the upload events to server were successful.

Haven't any idea where to start the troubleshooting.  The IIS for self update exist and the anoynomous access is enabled.

Thanks much in advance.
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 2:08 PM

Answers

• Thanks very much.

eventhough all mentioned causes did not apply, the tool has not fixed issue.  systems are reporting in at time of this reply. CORRECTION:  systems that were listed but no last status report started reporting BUT,

We have over 3000+ clients and 96 out of 258 servers not being listed in the WSUS console.

Random verification shows that all are receiving updates from WSUS.

SCCM is installed on other server and events were changed per NoV 2008 article, but again that only helped with those that had detected WSUS but no reported back.

I have already searched thru over 700 of the threads and cannot resolve this.

Logs show that reporting back were sucessful events.
    • Marked as answer by smadge Thursday, January 7, 2010 1:37 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 1:36 PM

All replies

• Most likely cause:

From the WSUS Support Team Blog:
    WSUS clients install updates properly but don't send any status reports back to the server (Nov 2008)
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    My Blog: http://onsitechsolutions.spaces.live.com
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Thanks very much.

eventhough all mentioned causes did not apply, the tool has not fixed issue.  systems are reporting in at time of this reply. CORRECTION:  systems that were listed but no last status report started reporting BUT,

We have over 3000+ clients and 96 out of 258 servers not being listed in the WSUS console.

Random verification shows that all are receiving updates from WSUS.

SCCM is installed on other server and events were changed per NoV 2008 article, but again that only helped with those that had detected WSUS but no reported back.

I have already searched thru over 700 of the threads and cannot resolve this.

Logs show that reporting back were sucessful events.
    • Marked as answer by smadge Thursday, January 7, 2010 1:37 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 1:36 PM