Sharepoint Content DB Import Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All.

I'm having this error when importing my Sharepoint content db from one server to other server, below is my importing log file please review this log ?

The sharepoint site which was exported has Default membership provider & Default role provider. Where as the imported sharepoint site has Custom membership provider & role provider. I believe this was caused the below said log error.

Please help me out of this problem!!

Thanks In Adavance.

[8/18/2011 7:40:27 PM]: Debug: Security check failed in OnUserGroupExport
    [8/18/2011 7:40:27 PM]: Warning: The specified user aspnetsqlmembershipprovider:claude could not be found.
    *** Inner exception:
    User cannot be found.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPUserCollection.get_Item(String loginName)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SecurityObjectSerializer.ResolveUser(ImportStreamingContext context, SPWeb web, String strLogin, Int32& idUser)
    [8/18/2011 7:40:28 PM]: Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/pdtasks?id=1001.
    [8/18/2011 7:40:28 PM]: Debug: Security check failed in OnUserGroupExport
    [8/18/2011 7:40:28 PM]: Warning: The specified user aspnetsqlmembershipprovider:mathias could not be found.
    *** Inner exception:
    User cannot be found.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPUserCollection.get_Item(String loginName)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.SecurityObjectSerializer.ResolveUser(ImportStreamingContext context, SPWeb web, String strLogin, Int32& idUser)

• Edited by orionkings Friday, August 19, 2011 6:23 AM text change
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, August 19, 2011 7:07 AM not programming (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, August 19, 2011 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hi

Yeah it means the user either does not exist in the new environment, the membership provider does not exist in the new environment. Is it necessary to have the users imported? You will have to recreate the membership provider and copy the sql membership provider database to the new environment..

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    Friday, August 19, 2011 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi

Yeah it means the user either does not exist in the new environment, the membership provider does not exist in the new environment. Is it necessary to have the users imported? You will have to recreate the membership provider and copy the sql membership provider database to the new environment..

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    Friday, August 19, 2011 8:21 AM
  • Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply!! I've imported all the users and groups by using backup\restore command of stsadm. Earlier, I was using Import\Export commands and this was missed to import user & groups.

-Orion

• Edited by orionkings Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:29 PM misspelled
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:52 PM Different questions do NOT go in the same thread. Removed. Start a new thread with new title
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 1:28 PM