none
MS Project 2013 Trial Download not visible in installed programs and thus can't open RRS feed

• Question

• I've consulted other posts however answer is not listed.  I have followed the instructions to download the file.  I've downloaded the 64-bit file and selected Open application on download however nothing happens.  I've gone to my Control Panel and Project 2013 is NOT listed.  I've searched for Project 2013 in the start up menu to no avail.

Can anyone advise how I can get the software installed on my laptop?  The fact it states the application has downloaded but it's not visible as a downloaded file is driving me crazy.

Please help

Marisa

Friday, March 7, 2014 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hello Marisa,

When you download the trial, it downloads the image file by name ProjectProfessional_x64_en-us.img

Do you see this file under your download folder? If yes, then you have downloaded the trial software successfully.

As a next step, you need to extract .img into a directory using any tools that unzip the .img format (e.g., 7-zip http://www.7-zip.org/ ) and then install from it by running setup.exe.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Kiran K

Friday, March 7, 2014 10:35 PM
  • Marrisa,

I spent the whole day trying to make this work. Microsoft and TechNet need to check for a download error and post when there's a solution.

Grant

Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:33 AM
  • Grant -

From your other post it looks like you are trying to install the trial version on Vista.  It will only install on Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:37 PM