none
PDP and EPT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What would be the starting point to create a new PDP associated with an EPT, the aim beeing to creat a small project template?

Thanks

Monday, April 25, 2011 7:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Ok, that's simple then.

Create your project template in Project Professional and then save it as a template up into PS2010.

Create your new EPT, giving it a name and description. Choose the New Project PDP you want to use, and choose to add  a schedule PDP (this contains the schedule webpart so you can view / edit etc). I am not sure if that is there out of the box, or whether you need to create one and add the web part yourself.

Choose No Workflow, and associate your template schedule you uploaded at the beginning. This way when your user creates a project with this ept, the schedule will default to your template.

Hope this helps :)

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, April 25, 2011 8:08 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can create a PDP simply by navigating to Server Settings > Project Detail Pages and then choosing documents on the ribbon and New Document. The page will let you choose the relevant web part page template for the page. The PDP's have 3 page types, determining where they are visible:

Type 1 - Is a Project type meaning the page will be available for selection inside the project

Type 2 - Is a New Project page meaning the page will only be available when creating a new project and in the associated dialog in the EPT screen

Type 3 - Is a Workflow status page.

Once the page is created, building the EPT is as simple as Server Settings > Enterprise Project Types and clicking on 'New Enterprise Project Type' then selecting the relevant fields, including the New Project Page (Type 2 from above) and the relevant Project pages (Type 1's).

If you have Project schedule templates in the system, or different project workspace templates you can also associate these with the EPT. As you are after a simple template, I will assume there is no workflow associated as this itself will have implications around determining what PDP's are available, assigned to phases / stages etc.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:31 AM
  • Thanks Alex,

I don't want any workflow. Just a small project template: Gantt with 10 tasks, their durations and relationships. Can I create such a small template with a PDP ? Where I start from?

Thanks

Monday, April 25, 2011 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

Ok, that's simple then.

Create your project template in Project Professional and then save it as a template up into PS2010.

Create your new EPT, giving it a name and description. Choose the New Project PDP you want to use, and choose to add  a schedule PDP (this contains the schedule webpart so you can view / edit etc). I am not sure if that is there out of the box, or whether you need to create one and add the web part yourself.

Choose No Workflow, and associate your template schedule you uploaded at the beginning. This way when your user creates a project with this ept, the schedule will default to your template.

Hope this helps :)

Alex Burton
    • Marked as answer by WLID1966 Monday, April 25, 2011 8:08 AM
    Monday, April 25, 2011 8:02 AM
  • Thanks Alex,

I'll work on that!

Monday, April 25, 2011 8:08 AM