Remove Startup Repair Tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have Vista Ultimate and I get my startup repair tool kicking in for no reason many times and does its set of operations and comes out with nothing.
    The annoying part is it takes more than fifteen minutes for the whole process and at the end there are no problems, I can boot and log in and work without any issues.
    Sometimes I get a blue screen with the message CI.dll encountering an exception because a thread did not relaease its resources previously.
    I suspect all this is something to do with me pulling USB devices in and out of the Computer.

My question is I want to stop the start up repair tool from kicking in automatically, in other words I want to either remove or disable my preinstalled Startup repair Tool. Can somebody help me in showing how to do that.

Thanks

Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As Startup Repair is preinstalled on your computer, it has been customized by your computer manufacturer. Retail Windows Vista does not install Startup Repair on the computer. Therefore, if you would like to remove Startup Repair on your computer, I recommend contacting your computer manufacturer for direct assistance.

I hope your issue can be resolved soon.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, June 23, 2008 4:43 AM