NAP DHCP for non domain joined PCs question RRS feed

• Question

• I used the template from Microsoft to set up NAP in a test environment with the only requirement for SHV being Firewall.  My domain joined PCs work fine but my non domain joined PCs do not.  In the event log (when trying to connect a Non domain joined PC) I get NAP DHCP Non NAP Capable...quarantined.  That client has the firewall on and meets all requirements and I even have the NAP Agent turned on; what is preventing me from getting FULL ACcess to the internet.  Currently I am redirected to the resrticted domain (restricted.contoso.com)

Is there another policy that is preventing me from connecting to Full Access?

Thanks for your help.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 3:10 PM

Answers

• I figured this one out.  I did not have the DHCP Enforcement Client enabled on the client.
    • Marked as answer by tobss70 Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:30 PM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:30 PM

All replies

• Is the network policy blocking me becasue I am not authenticating (like domain PCs)?  Or maybe because the client is not joined to the domain?  If so, how can I changed this? 

I have tried changing the NPS connection properties as well as NPS network policies but its either all or none, meaning if my firewall is on Im blocked; or my firewall is off and Im allowed.

I had a couple of Microsoft Experts tell me this would work with domain and non domain PCs.

Anyone have any ideas?

Monday, March 30, 2009 6:54 PM
  • I figured this one out.  I did not have the DHCP Enforcement Client enabled on the client.
    • Marked as answer by tobss70 Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:30 PM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:30 PM