Azure Backup Server - unable to upgrade classic vault due to MABS agent version RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to upgrade my classic backup vault using the instructions here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-azure-upgrade-backup-to-recovery-services

On my Azure Backup Server, I have updated the MABS agent to the latest version 2.0.9085.0:

However, I still see the warning saying that there is a newer version available:

There is no option to inactivate the alert; it is greyed out. I have tried rebooting the server 4 times but it hasn't helped. I wouldn't care except that it seems to be preventing me from upgrading the classic vault. When I try running the upgrade script, I am getting this error:

Invoke-AzureRecoveryServicesVaultUpgrade : Operation Failed.

Category: UnsupportedConfiguration
    ErrorCode: UnsupportedAgentVersion
    Type: Error

Message: Upgrading to Recovery Services vault requires below machines to have minimum agent version : 2.0.9083.0
     Machine Name
     <REMOVED NAME>

Recommended Action: Upgrade your agents and reinitiate vault upgrade. Learn how to view your agents version and update
    them. (https://aka.ms/vaultupgrade)

How am I supposed to get this thing upgraded? When will it ever realize that it's been updated? This seems extremely silly.

Saturday, October 7, 2017 12:08 AM

Answers

• Try to un-install and re-install MABS agent and let me know the outcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

• Marked as answer by noamo48 Saturday, October 7, 2017 4:18 PM
    Saturday, October 7, 2017 2:08 PM

All replies

• Try to un-install and re-install MABS agent and let me know the outcome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

• Marked as answer by noamo48 Saturday, October 7, 2017 4:18 PM
    Saturday, October 7, 2017 2:08 PM
  • Ok thanks, that did it!
    Saturday, October 7, 2017 4:18 PM
  • Glad to hear that issue got fixed

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:52 PM