Show spelling language in Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using Outlook 2016 and additional languages with autodetect.

Is there a way to show which language Outlook detect like Word do?

Thanks

Christian

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Christian,

Based on my test and research, I'm afraid that there is no such a built-in option in Outlook to directly show proofing language settings in the bottom.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

By the way, could we know why do you want to see this setting in the bottom? Normally, once you added the detected language, Outlook will automatically detect those languages you entered. You don’t need to check proofing language settings all the time.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Christian,

To check which language is detected, you could go to Review > Language> Set Proofing Language. Those languages listed above the double line are detected by Outlook.

Please refer to the details in this link.

Please feel free to tell me if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 2:47 AM
  • Thanks Perry for you reply!

How many clicks were neccessary to show this? In Word I see the selected language directly in the footer:

I put the language button to the Word quick access ribbon, but the user has to click two times and he does not see the language when he writes the email...

Is there a better way?

Thanks

Christian

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:56 AM
  • Hi Christian,

Based on my test and research, I'm afraid that there is no such a built-in option in Outlook to directly show proofing language settings in the bottom.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

By the way, could we know why do you want to see this setting in the bottom? Normally, once you added the detected language, Outlook will automatically detect those languages you entered. You don’t need to check proofing language settings all the time.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 5:41 AM