locked
Cannot delete two anti-malware policies after migration... RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hey guys,

    We recently migrated to a new SCCM server. As part of that we used PowerShell to import our anti-malware policies. Two polices appeared to import successfully, but any time I try to manipulate them in any way I get the following "requested object information could not be retrieved" error:

    I ran into something similar to this a few years ago with a collection that just kept staying in the console (even though I had deleted it). It had somehow gotten "locked" in the database and I had to fire up SQL Management Studio, locate it in the database itself and remove all entries for it. I'm thinking this is the same issue.

    Has anyone else encountered this and (if so) how do you fix it?

    Monday, August 22, 2016 5:08 PM

Answers

  • Dear Sir,

    Manually delete things from Configuration Manager site database is not an officially supported way.

    For the issue you got, I suggest that you can try to connect from another provider to see if it makes any difference. check log file smsprov.log and smsadminui.log to see if there is any detailed information.

    If it's indeed the SQL DB problem, I recommend opening a support case with Microsoft Customer Support Services as they can work with you to solve this problem.

    Best regards

    Frank


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    • Proposed as answer by Frank Dong Monday, September 5, 2016 7:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Dong Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:43 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 4:53 AM