Linux SCCM 2012 basic install question RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded the SCCM 2012 client for Linux and placed the TAR files on the Linux client machine. Ran this at the terminal screen:

.\install -mp server.domain.com -sitecode GRL ccm-universalx64.tar    (I also tried .\install -mp 192.168.1.202 -sitecode GRL ccm-universalx64.tar).

My question is: how can you tell if the client installs, is successful, etc.?  I don't see the machine in the "All Systems" Collection on the Site Server (same as the MP). How should I begin troubleshooting this on the Linux (Fedora workstation 22) machine? Obviously I am not well versed in Linux. Thank you.

Friday, September 30, 2016 5:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• FYI, I did run in the command in the directory where the TAR package is. I don't see anything in System Monitor that looks like a SCCM client installing.
    Friday, September 30, 2016 5:42 PM
  • check this one

1. ln -s /usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.1e /usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.0
    2. ls /usr/lib64/ | grep libssl
    3. ln -s /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.1e /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
    4.  ls /usr/lib64/ | grep libcrypto
    5. ./install -mp srv.domain.cl -sitecode NNN ccm-Universalx64.1.0.0.4580.tar

replace the code and server name

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 30, 2016 5:54 PM
  • check this one

1. ln -s /usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.1e /usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.0
    2. ls /usr/lib64/ | grep libssl
    3. ln -s /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.1e /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
    4.  ls /usr/lib64/ | grep libcrypto
    5. ./install -mp srv.domain.cl -sitecode NNN ccm-Universalx64.1.0.0.4580.tar

replace the code and server name

Sharad Singh | My blogs: SharadTech | Twitter: @SinghSharaad | | Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

I will try it but can you please explain what those commands are doing? Thanks.

Friday, September 30, 2016 6:35 PM
  • I tried those commands. The two lines with "grep" returned "directory not found". Can anyone help me install the Linux client?

Saturday, October 1, 2016 12:15 PM
  • check out this, how to install client agent on Linux

http://prajwaldesai.com/how-to-install-sccm-2012-sp1-client-agent-on-linux-computers/

• Marked as answer by Paratus Saturday, October 1, 2016 3:35 PM
    Saturday, October 1, 2016 2:55 PM
  • check out this, how to install client agent on Linux

http://prajwaldesai.com/how-to-install-sccm-2012-sp1-client-agent-on-linux-computers/

Thanks. That was very helpful. I got the client installed.

Saturday, October 1, 2016 3:35 PM