Help! Black screen! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a Compaq HP Presario v6000, had it since about November 2007 and it's had no problems up untill now. Story is, I went to turn it off but becdause I was in a hurry I turned it off the "unsafe" gay by just using the power button and not shutting down properly. When I went to turn it back on it loads up, goes to the little green loading bar but then after that, nothing, just a blank, black screen.

I've searched around the internet for various soloutions but with me not being a very techie guy and there being so many different reason (from what I've read) I have no idea what is going on. So if anyone has any information on this that isn't too mind booglin for my simple mind it'd be much appreciated.

Oh and by the way, I've tried starting it in safe mode, and in last "can't remember the word" setting but to no avail.

PLEASE HELP!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:50 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Run Windows Last Known Good Configuration

1) Detach all unnecessary peripheral devices from your computer, such as printers, scanners and removable storage devices.

2) Restart the computer.

3) Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.

4) Choose Last Known Good Configuration, and press Enter.

If the problem persists, we have to perform the following steps to repair Windows Vista OS.

Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)

1) Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 

2) Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3) Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next

4) Click Repair your computer

5) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next

6) At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.

7) (Click the operating system that you want to repair), and then click Next.

8) In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Hope it works!

Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:44 AM