Cross Forest Move Mailbox Request from Exchange 2003 to 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have two Domains. One for email and another for user Authentication. I plan to migrate exchange to the user authentication domain. How do I retain my mailbox enabled users and still move to new Domain with a different login name. (My user authentication name is user@local)  while my email enabled mailbox is user@email.com. I still want to retain user@email.com
    Mathew Muthama MCP, MSCA
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can backup mailbox database file on Exchange 2003.

Move the mailbox to exchange 2010.

restore the backup on Exchange 2003, all the mailbox should be disconnected

then you can reconnect the mailbox to another user.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Jason LJS Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:17 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can backup mailbox database file on Exchange 2003.

Move the mailbox to exchange 2010.

restore the backup on Exchange 2003, all the mailbox should be disconnected

then you can reconnect the mailbox to another user.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Jason LJS Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:17 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:09 AM
  • Hi,

Please find the following article provides step-by-step procedure about How to Move Mailbox from Exchange 2003 to 2010 across forest with Screenshots.
     Cross Forest Move Mailbox Request from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010

More over you cold find GUI Interface for Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 Cross Forest Move Mailbox using Powershell here

GUI Interface for Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 Cross Forest Move Mailbox using Powershell

Thanks
    Sathish Kumar Elango

Please click Vote As Helpful if it is helpful for you and Propose as Answer!!! Sathish Kumar Elango | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging | http://msexchangehelp.wordpress.com

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:07 PM