none
Project Online with Exchange Online - I do not receive emails when I create a new task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I am working with all Office 365 online products (Exchange, SharePoint, and Project Online)

Everything is working OK except me when I try to create a new project task in Project and I want to get that notification through my Outlook via Exchange Server.

The result is that I do not get any mail...
    How can I configure (such as in the 2010 version) to automatically receive notifications of new tasks and tasks items via Outlook?

Of course, I do not want to have to do it from the task list ... through Outlook Sync button, but directly through exchange.

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Pedro,

It is very unfortunate that Task Notification feature is not available in Project Online version.

Means, you can't recieve any mail when you are assign any task or approvals or anything for which you expect a mail.

Hope this might be helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thanks and Regards, Sumit Pandey | Consultant

Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Pedro,

It is very unfortunate that Task Notification feature is not available in Project Online version.

Means, you can't recieve any mail when you are assign any task or approvals or anything for which you expect a mail.

Hope this might be helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:04 AM
  • Hi Sumit,

Is there any whitepaper where explains this feauture or limitation in Project Online?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:11 AM
  • Hi Pedro,

I have tried to list a few advantages and disadvantages below:

Project Online Advantages:

• Maintained by Microsoft
    • latest updates / fixes applied on a regular basis
    • Microsoft handle backup / business continuity etc

Project Online Disadvantages/limitations:

• Limited reporting compared to on-premise. No OLAP cube, no direct database access - Odata feed is used instead. No SSRS available
    • No administrative backup / restore for projects, resources, config etc - no project versions
    • No PSI access - you now have CSOM for Project Server, i believe there are a few limitations over the PSI at the moment

Please note, there are more advantages / disadvantages but this just highlights a few.

Pedro, for your reference please go through this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/project-server-2013-known-issues-HA102919020.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Proposed as answer by Sumit Pandey Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:29 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:23 AM
  • Pedro, you can only recieve mail notification if you have Exchange server 2013.

Hybrid is not allowed, i.e if exchange server is on-prem and you have project online.

Hope you got your answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Proposed as answer by Sumit Pandey Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:29 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:29 AM
  • Brilliant!!! you are respond to me this question very well :-)

Thanks a million for your responses and time.

Have a nice day and kind regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:35 AM
  • You are welcome Pedro. :-)

Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:37 AM