Import .ost file RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to access my OST files into Outlook, Is there any way to import my Exchange offline folders?

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:52 PM

Answers

• Assuming , If you are not able to open your outlook profile then close all your outlook session , And rename the existing ost file name ...After that create a new outlook profile & it will create automatically new ost.

C:\Users\dnegi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

If this does not resolve the issue then use software which can open and view your OST file and then convert and save it in PST file. ost open file tool

Monday, May 15, 2017 1:16 PM

All replies

• It might be that your OST file is somehow corrupted.

For Exchange account, there is no need to backup or import it, all your data is stored on the server. Just delete your existing OST file (back up it to another place if needed), this will force Outlook client to re-generate a new OST file for you at the next startup.

Reference link: Locating the Outlook data files

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:01 AM
  • Dear Trobjon,
    Outlook does not support importing of OST file it allows you to import PST only.. If you want to import these OST file then you will firstly convert the OST to PST and then using Outlook import feature to open PST file and access its data items. One of the best third party tool is OST Export tool, which allows users to easily import and save the OST file in multiple file formats.
    Let me know if you need any further assistance.
    Thank You !!

• Edited by aliceaggie Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:14 PM
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:11 PM
  • Assuming , If you are not able to open your outlook profile then close all your outlook session , And rename the existing ost file name ...After that create a new outlook profile & it will create automatically new ost.

C:\Users\dnegi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

If this does not resolve the issue then use software which can open and view your OST file and then convert and save it in PST file. ost open file tool

Monday, May 15, 2017 1:16 PM
  • Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!
    Monday, May 15, 2017 4:31 PM
  • You're welcome.

Good to see you are unblocked.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 6:59 AM
  • There are bundles of software available in the market. You can just surf for free OST converter on Google and you can find a list of plenty of such tools. Hope you will find your relevant software through Google search. But keep in mind Microsoft doesn't promote using any third party solutions use them at your own risk. I suggest you to make a copy of OST file before trying any software.
    Monday, November 5, 2018 11:02 AM