The Application Virtualization Client report data cache could not be sent to Publishing Server URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Well, I hit the same issue as previously posted here - however I do get a lot more from the log-files..

Essentially I only care about reporting, and when this issue occurs this seems to be lost.

[05/12/2009 16:01:33:365 REPT WRN] {tid=108C:usr=admin}
    The Application Virtualization Client report data cache could not be sent to Publishing Server URL 'rtsp://softgrid.company.local:554/' (rc = 1690650A-200001F4).

The server is a 4.5 RTM running on 2003 SP2, with the default-content path set to a unc-path pointing to a DFS-share.
    The clients are pointed to the DNS-alias of (you guessed it) softgrid.company.local - redirecting them to the server.

This is what I gathered;
    Finding the "new" offline reporting file is well, not perfectly documented but at last I found this reg-key:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Client\Reporting]
    "LastCacheFile"="D:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Documents\\SoftGrid Client\\477938a5-32c3-4fff-93c9-d9e63409c6b3.xml"

This file is editable by system / admins, and readable by users.

I will try to extract more detailed logging from the server and client later on, and hopefully I can see what goes wrong.

/Znack

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Actually did some discovery today..
    1. Problem only seems to exist on upgraded clients (meaning from 4.1 SP1 -> 4.5 RTM + HFRU3).
    2. Brand new "installed" clients (meaning, uninstall, reboot, install) doesn't show the issue.

No info from verbose-logging on the client-side...

Well, gonna take a look at this when I get more time...
    /Znack
    • Marked as answer by znack Wednesday, June 3, 2009 5:31 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:10 PM

All replies

• What?  The documentation is not perfect?  I am shocked!!!

I do not think the content share comes into play.  I think that the 4.5 app-v client stores information in the xml file mentioned in the registry key.  When it next contacts the server via RTSP/S the 4.5 server will ask for the file and I think it is sent over the RTSP/S channel.  I haven't put a sniffer on that channel in 4.5 to look for this exchange and verify it, but I am pretty sure this is what should happen.  The 0A-200001F4 error would seen if the client cannot open the specified RTSP channel.  Focus on that.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:15 AM
  • Hello,

Actually did some discovery today..
    1. Problem only seems to exist on upgraded clients (meaning from 4.1 SP1 -> 4.5 RTM + HFRU3).
    2. Brand new "installed" clients (meaning, uninstall, reboot, install) doesn't show the issue.

No info from verbose-logging on the client-side...

Well, gonna take a look at this when I get more time...
    /Znack
    • Marked as answer by znack Wednesday, June 3, 2009 5:31 PM
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:10 PM
  • Hi

Did you get to the bottom of this at all? I am having the exact same Warning message in the Application Log and it's filling it up!! i have just upgraded App-V today when the messages started to appear. All of our clients have been uninstalled and re-installed.

Many Thanks
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 1:15 PM
  • Hello,

No apart from a clean-install I haven't resolved it. Sorry....

/Znack
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 1:53 PM