Having Similar Issue - Office 2013 (Excel) - This template can't be applied. It's eith... RRS feed

• Question

• I am having the exact same issue. I refreshed the data to my pivot table and when I tried to apply the template I saved previously I get the error message the the template can't be applied. 

I hope someone post some instructions on how to resolve this issue. 

-H

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In regarding of the issue, please provide us more information to assist you better.

• Please share us the whole error message or error screenshot. Is the error message like this:" This template can't be applied. It's either damaged or won't work for the selected chart. Please try recreating it."
    • Did this issue occur with every Excel file or a special Excel file?
    • Did this issue occur with XLS or XLSX format?

Then, we may try the following ways and check they are helpful:

If this issue occur with a special Excel file, I recommend you copy the content to a new/blank file to test.

Next, if we got the error like above I mentioned, please clean up the Charts folder C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Charts
    Remember to backup Chart Template Files (*.crtx) before we delete it.

Also we can make a clean boot for your computer before you run excel 2013. This issue may cause by 3rd party software. For the detailed steps, please refer to the below link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796/en-us

Or you can use another user account to log into the computer to test this issue.

If the suggestion above doesn’t bring any help, try to repair your office from Control Panel.

If the issue still exist, please upload a sample file through OneDrive. I want to test it.

Hope that helps.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Marked as answer by George123345 Tuesday, October 21, 2014 4:53 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:26 AM