none
DHCP not providing a gateway after migration from Server 2008R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm the ict admin of a school in Belgium (600 users, 400 computers, and 8 physical servers). I have 6 hours every week to keep this network running.

Last week, during a school vacation, I migrated the DHCP service from our Server 2008R2 to Server 2012 (both are also running DNS and ADDS) following this guide:http://jackstromberg.com/…/migrate-dhcp-role-from-server-2…/.

The migration seemed to work flawlesy.. The DHCP service is leasing Ip-address as it should however it fails, sometimes, to also provide the default gateway (router option 03) to the clients. So the clients do get a IP-address but without a default gateway. Releasing and renewing the lease works most of the time after a few attempts.

Leastime is 3 days and we are more than a week past the migration.

Anyone an idea where I should be looking so solve this?

Thanks you for your help.

Best regards,
    Geert Heremans

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hi

Did you already configure Ip helper adress on router&swtiches to point to new dhcp server?Check this first of all.and also you should check authoized dhcp servers on domain and remove the old dhcp.

Dhcp list and add/remove with netsh ; https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772372%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

• Proposed as answer by John Lii Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:47 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2016 11:39 AM
  • Hi Geert,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 25, 2016 7:25 AM