Korean Text Does Not Display in Programs after Win 7 Ultimate Upgrade + Language Pack Install RRS feed

• Question

• A few days ago I upgraded my Windows 7 Home PRemium OS to Windows 7 Ultimate for the purpose of being able to run Korean programs on my computer because I now live in Seoul. Unfortunately, after the upgrade I'm experiencing the same problems that I had before upgrading the software. Many Korean letters appear just fine, but others appear either as radom garbled text or simply "????"

I have searched online and have seen others ask about this, but I have not seen a solution to the problem that works.

Here's what I've done so far:

- Reinstalled programs after upgrading to windows 7 Ultimate and installing the language pack

- Set my region to KOrea

- Changed the display language to KOrean

- Deleted the font cache + restart

- Installed Adobe's Korean font pack

The problem is NOT limited to one program. For example, NO Korean characters appear in the Korean World of Warcraft client, and about half of the Korean characters appear in a chat program. In the chat program example, the menu items appear fine, and I can input Korean text, however the window that actually displays the contents of the chat all appears as garbled characters. I suspect a different font is being used in that window.

Can someone please help? This is VERY annoying since the only reason I upgraded to ultimate was to get my Korean software to work properly.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 7:29 AM

Answers

• Hi PJtheFey,

Please follow these:

1. Go to Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Regin, and click Regional and Language Options.

2. Click Administrative tab, under Language for non-Unicode programs (System Locale), click Change system locale.

3. Select the language then click OK.

After the above, restart the computer.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, October 14, 2011 3:33 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:37 AM