Hidden "Minimize", "Maximize" & "Close" buttons on windows. RRS feed

• Question

• The "Minimize", "Maximize" & "Close" buttons are not visible. They work if you select the "area" where they should be, but you cannot see them. Of all the occassions I've started my laptop, they have only been visible twice.

Can anyone help?

HP Compac 6710b, Windows 7 Evaluation Copy, Build 7100.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 6:59 AM

Answers

• The "Minimize", "Maximize" & "Close" buttons are not visible. They work if you select the "area" where they should be, but you cannot see them. Of all the occassions I've started my laptop, they have only been visible twice.

Can anyone help?

Hi Guy

I have seen this behavior reported one other time. See the following thread for the details and how another user resolved the problem.

Minimize, Maximize, Close buttons all missing.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Monday, July 20, 2009 11:23 PM

All replies

• What program does this happen in?
    Monday, July 20, 2009 5:07 PM

Can anyone help?

Hi Guy

I have seen this behavior reported one other time. See the following thread for the details and how another user resolved the problem.

Minimize, Maximize, Close buttons all missing.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Monday, July 20, 2009 11:23 PM
  • Hi there, I have been recently had the same problem. The solution was to right click the tab at the bootom of the page and select "Maximize" Hope this helps, Colin
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:36 AM
  • I started having this problem after installing AIM, but I don't know if that was what precipitated it.  The solution(s) offered in this forum do not help me.  I haven't found anything on the internet to help.  Mr. Moderator, will you help me please?  Thank you.
    Barbara Jean Bowden
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 5:39 PM
  • I actually cannot pinpoint an event that precipitated the disappearance of the mini max and close in the upper right corner of the pages. this includes any of the games pages as well as all others. it is a bit more than annoying to have to use the task manager to end tasks. I am not even sure what I should be troubleshooting,  I have done all of them and none of them seem to treat this issue.

can anyone please please direct me to the proper fix ??

brenda

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:43 PM