none
Difficulties in Installing IE 10 on Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to remove IE 11 which comes default with Windows 8.1 (x64) and to install IE 10, but I couldn't find any way to get the IE 10 installer(offline) for Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) :(

I know IE 11 has IE 10 compatibility mode but I need a pure IE 10 browser on my Windows 8.1 workstation for software testing purposes. Could you help me?

Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Amipra,

Based on my knowledge and search, Internet Explorer 11 is the base level of browsing functionality for Windows 8.1. We cannot downgrade it to Internet Explorer 10. if you encountered compatibility issue about some websites, then you can use compatibility view settings in IE 11, Tools\Compatiubility view settings, then add the website to the compatibility view list.

And in Windows 8.1 Update 1, you can use IE Enterprise Mode, which allows for seamless swapping of compatibility modes allowing users to browse the web normally

http://blogs.technet.com/b/canitpro/archive/2014/04/16/windows-8-1-tips-how-to-enable-enterprise-mode-in-internet-explorer-11.aspx

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 5, 2016 8:59 AM
  • Hi Amipra,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? Because the case may be closed few days later.

If you feel the suggestion could be helpful to you, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please feel free to post back and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best regards,

Carl Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:57 AM