Bluetooth + COM ports (serial ports) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Vista Business x64 with all devices working correctly but... but I have big problem with bluetooth. This device also work correctly, but not at all. I have problem with COM ports.

My spec:

• HP Notebook (nx serries) with x64 Turion processor.
    • Bluetooth integrated device (installed default as "HP nc4200").
    • WIDCOMM drivers (or stack extension ?!) from HP site.

The problem:

Without widcomm drivers (or stack extension as I write - I don't know, what is it) I have normal working bluetooth, but without many functions (like audio gateway and many more). But I have "COM ports" in configuration and after create partnership with PDA I get two serial ports: incoming and outgoing. The problem is on another device (I tested PDA, SmartPhone, another PC) - they can't find "serial port" service. After installing widcomm drivers I get many more services (like file sharing, dial-up...) but still no com ports. I try many configurations but I can not find reason why my virtual COM (serial) ports isn't avaible at other devices (I was reinstalling widcomm drivers, uninstalling device and reinstalling it...).

Could some one help me please? I think, that this could be blocked by some registry key or sth else...

Greats...

PS. Sorry for my bad english at all...

Monday, February 19, 2007 5:30 PM

All replies

• Same as you, I have a HP iPAQ H6315 running on Pocket PC 2003 and an HP L2005US notebook runing on Vista with WMDC 6, I can sync using USB but when I try to do it through bluetooth it doesn't work. I click on bluetooth manager on my PPC and then click active sync via bluetooth it finds my notebook and when I click on it says "Service dicovery was unsuccessful. The requested service is not running on this device. Please make sure the service is enabled on the device or select another one to continue." My computer and PPC discover each other. The only thing is that WMDC doensn't work through bluetooth. Where can I enable the bluetooth services on Vista as I do with the old Bluetooth manager?  Look like Vista Bluetooth manager don't support same services as the manufacturer one. Any idea?
    cexpress@paperlessonline.net

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 5:45 PM
  • I think, that problem is in Bluetooth stack in Vista... there is problem with COM ports support. MS Tech Support - please help...
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:39 PM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem you described. Could you please explain how to resolve the conflict? My Ipaq won't update since I can't install media player 11......HELP

Thank you

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 4:35 PM