none
Site Collection - stating not shared when it is RRS feed

• Question

• Environment - 

Server is hosted out on VM in cloud

Users authenticate with username and password based off domain hosted in cloud

Authentication provider is Claims based authentication - NTLM

Currently no one not even Administrators are able to log in to site collection 

Confirmed users are added local admin group on SharePoint server

No errors are clearly visible 

Side test - we added everyone with limited permissions/read only while we are constantly being prompted for username and password we do see the primary service account listed in the top right that was used for installation/services for SharePoint

Practicing stupidity in a more professional manner

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:51 PM

All replies

• Make Sure your Web Application has Super_User & Super_Reader Under the Web Application User Policy, if not add them with Read & Full Control Access then give it a try. If possible clear cache for below script.

https://github.com/DwayneSelsig/spcachecleaner/blob/master/SPCacheCleaner.ps1

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:47 AM
  • Hi Jessayman,

Whether the issue occurs on all site collections? Could you access other site collection in the same web application? And could you access it in other web application?

If true, please refer below article to check the super reader and super user account as Sharath said:

SharePoint 2013 Access Denied in Site Collections in Web Application

Configure object cache user accounts in SharePoint Server

If false, we could delete current web application and delete the IIS web app, however not deleting the associated content database.

Then create a new web application and associate with the old content database.

Reference: Access Denied to a site collection, even to SharePoint Site Collection Administrators

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 15, 2019 8:47 AM
  • I am in the process of creating the SuperUser and SuperReader accounts and applying to the web application. 

To be clear even when I set a direct account as Site Administrator, all zones, I successfully input my credentials and it just immediately prompts again for username and password..

with two separate accounts we have seen "Sorry, this site hasn't been shared with you"

Eventually this will be groups as it should be but right now

I have my Admin account assigned All Zones. Full Control, Site Collection Administrator, and even Site Collection Auditor. Checked

When I login to the Site collection URL with my account for example purposes adm.jessay@contoso.com/password I immediately get prompted again.  

I recently added a new permission policy and associated "Everyone" to it - this policy has 

- Manage lists - Create and delete lists, columns in a list, and add or remove public views of a list

View items - View items in lists and documents in document libraries

Open Items - View the source of documents wit server-side file handlers.

Create Subsites - Create subsites such as team sites, Meeting workplace sites, and Document Workspace sites.

Now when I input my admin/password account atleast once i see the template.  However i am prompted over and over and over to authenticate, if I just hit escape/cancel after authenticating atleast once after a few times it stops but reflects the service account displayed in the top right.  If I never authenticate I get Sorry this site has not been shared with you

Friday, November 15, 2019 3:44 PM
  • Executed the steps outlined and still seeing the same symptoms.  It seems under claim authentication/NTLM provider that I cannot get sharepoint to successfully authenticate my credentials.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Hi Jessayman,

Have you re-added Super User and Super reader successfully?

Here is the PowerShell to re-add Super User and Super reader:

$wa = Get-SPWebApplication -Identity "<WebApplication>"
    $wa.Properties["portalsuperuseraccount"] = "<SuperUser>"
    $wa.Properties["portalsuperreaderaccount"] = "<SuperReader>"
    $wa.Update()

When we are in claims mode, we need to use the claims user name (i:0#.w|domain\user).

And please try to clear the IE cache, do an IISRESET to check the result.

If the issue exists, re-add "NT AUTHORITY\authenticated users" to have READ access to the web application user policy and check again.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:23 AM
  • Hi,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Julie

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:42 AM
  • Sorry, holidays interfered.  I will try to add the NT Authority account as I am troubleshooting this as we speak.  

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:42 PM
  • So the site now loads and the prompts are not repeating as much however in the top right, instead of showing my authenticated account it shows the sharepoint admin account designated.

I assumed it would reflect my windows account I attempted to login Claims/NTLM  does this setup make it available to everyone now?

• Edited by Jessayman Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:15 PM add screenshot
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 9:14 PM
  • Hi Jessayman,

When did you use authenticated account?

And when did you enter the windows account?

Whether you use the SharePoint admin account to log in SharePoint site?

When we try to log to SharePoint site, it will pop up a windows security box to authenticate the user and it will show in the right-top bar in the SharePoint site.

Best results,

Julie

Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:51 AM