Variance Days Don't match RRS feed

• Question

• Thank you very much for your response. In outlook 2010 and project 2010 does it work correctly? According to  your response, I will change my project from 2007 to 2010. Because I have Outlook 2010.

And I have one more different type of question. In my project for a task  start date is:16.01.2012

baseline start date is:03.01.2012

start variance is:3,38 days.

In a first glance it does not seem correct. Because there are almost 17 days between these days but it says 3,38 days variance do you know how it calculates it?

Thank you very much for your response.

• Edited by Turkey Istanbul Monday, February 27, 2012 9:26 AM
    • Split by Mike Glen Monday, February 27, 2012 2:54 PM New topic
    Monday, February 27, 2012 9:23 AM

Answers

• Regarding the 2nd part of your question --

Pls check "Hours per day" setting and synchronize it with the working times in the project calendar if they differ. And then check for non-working times in the project calendar. Start Variance is the business days between Start and Baseline Start. Check the article below for more information:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/setting-working-times-and-days-off-by-using-project-calendars-HA001020995.aspx

... if the working time in a calendar differs from the Hours per day or Hours per week settings on the Calendar tab, the Duration field may not display the duration value that you expect. You may want to consider matching the calendar settings to the working time on the Calendar tab.

• Edited by Ismet Kocaman Monday, February 27, 2012 2:06 PM corrected calendar days...
    • Proposed as answer by Ismet Kocaman Friday, March 2, 2012 9:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Glen Monday, April 16, 2012 4:05 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 11:52 AM

All replies

• Regarding the 2nd part of your question --

Pls check "Hours per day" setting and synchronize it with the working times in the project calendar if they differ. And then check for non-working times in the project calendar. Start Variance is the business days between Start and Baseline Start. Check the article below for more information:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/setting-working-times-and-days-off-by-using-project-calendars-HA001020995.aspx

... if the working time in a calendar differs from the Hours per day or Hours per week settings on the Calendar tab, the Duration field may not display the duration value that you expect. You may want to consider matching the calendar settings to the working time on the Calendar tab.

• Edited by Ismet Kocaman Monday, February 27, 2012 2:06 PM corrected calendar days...
    • Proposed as answer by Ismet Kocaman Friday, March 2, 2012 9:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Glen Monday, April 16, 2012 4:05 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 11:52 AM
  • Hi,

I would download a trial version of Project 2010 and test.  As Dale notes, it does not work on his installation.  As for you second question, see Project User's response -- he certainly hits the high points.

Julie

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:22 PM
  • thank you very much project user :)

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:12 PM
  • You're welcome.

Monday, February 27, 2012 6:31 PM