When attempting to play certain games, met with a DirectX 11 Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I've recently purchased a game, and found it not to work. I've been given an "Entry Point Not Found" error, stating that 

The procedure entry point D3DX11SaveTextureToFileA could not be located in the dynamic link library.

The error then gives the location of the link library in which the missing file should be, and I can't seem to find anything that's giving me any leads as to what could be the problem, or how to go about rectifying the issue I have. 

If it makes a difference, I'm using an Intel CPU and a Nvidia graphics card, the drivers of which are up to date. 

Thanks to anyone for any form of help they may be able to offer! :)
    Monday, August 17, 2015 2:45 AM

All replies

• Install windows 10 on your laptop/desktop. That has directx enabled by default.

Go to run and type dxdiag and then go to display tab.

Ensure all directx features, including draw and AGP are enabled. You will continue getting these errors till the time all three items there show enabled.

I had recently fixed this error with Ragnarok online game. If at all you want to play game on a cloud based desktop with NVIDIA Tesla grade GPU's, you can try out one at www.apps4rent.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 5:20 PM