Items on taskbar "lag" and are always glowing as if mouse were over them RRS feed

• Question

• Since upgrading to SP1, I've noticed that my taskbar is always glowing, as if I have my mouse pointer over it, eve when I don't. It seems to be unable to realize that my mouse is no longer over the taskbar, and will keep some program's listings still glowing.

Is there a hotfix for this, or should I just uninstall SP1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/windows-updates-activation/140585d1298735941-annoying-bug-sp1-untitled.png

Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:03 PM

Answers

• Did you try to login with Clean Boot?

If the issue persists in clean boot, the issue seems these programs have incompatible issue with SP1, you can go to https://connect.microsoft.com/ to submit this bug. And our development will investigate the problem. If they find any solution, it will improve it by update next time.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, March 4, 2011 9:43 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did this issue appear with a special program or all programs? Please login with Clean Boot to see if the same issue occurs.

That a possible that these programs are not compatible with Windows 7 SP1.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 6:03 AM
  • The problem happened with Firefox, mIRC, Steam, windows live messenger, and windows explorer.

The problem seemed to go away after I uninstalled SP1 though

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 11:44 AM
  • Did you try to login with Clean Boot?

If the issue persists in clean boot, the issue seems these programs have incompatible issue with SP1, you can go to https://connect.microsoft.com/ to submit this bug. And our development will investigate the problem. If they find any solution, it will improve it by update next time.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Friday, March 4, 2011 9:43 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:57 AM
  • No, it did not occur to me to boot without services. I will try to install SP1 again this weekend, and if the problem persists, boot without services and then possibly send a bug report.

Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 1:59 AM
  • I have the same problem. The only way to fix it is to end explorer.exe and run it again, which gets annoying after awhile.

You really need to release an hotfix for this.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:31 PM