microsoft wireless keyboard 6000 responds like the ctrl key is locked down RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Vista with my microsoft wireless 6000 keyboard.  After solving my intermittent response problem by relocating the usb transmitter to the front port it seems all was well.  Then all of a sudden the keyboard only resonds like the ctrl key or function key is locked down.  All I can get is pull down menus whenever I use the keyboard.  I am unable to type any individual characters. The mouse continues to work properly.
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 5:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

If everything worked before, a quick solution is to restore the system back to the previous status when the issue didn’t occur with System Restore. (Note: Performing a system restore may cause the loss of the current system settings; therefore, before doing this, please make sure that the system restore point is not too old and set a restore point for the current status.)

At this time, please try the following to narrow down the issue:

1.    Plug the keyboard to another computer and see how it works. On the problematic computer, you can also try another keyboard which works fine.

2.    Please check the issue in Safe Mode.

3.    Please check if you have configured some shortcut for the keys. If so, please disable them. Or, you can try to remove the software for the keyboard and reinstall it again:

For your reference, here is the software for Microsoft Wireless 6000 Keyboard

IntelliType Pro 6.31 32-bit for Windows Vista

IntelliType Pro 6.31 64-bit for Windows Vista

Considering the issue is related to our hardware and we have specialized support, it is also recommend to contact our hardware support for help. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

To contact them, please refer to the following information:

Microsoft Hardware Support

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/support/default.mspx

Hope the issue can be resolved soon.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Friday, June 5, 2009 10:02 AM
  • Thanks for y our reply.  I did try most of those things but you always forget the most obvious. I turned out that one of the keys somehow had stuck down.  Flipping it over and cleaning it out solved the problem.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 6:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

If everything worked before, a quick solution is to restore the system back to the previous status when the issue didn’t occur with System Restore. (Note: Performing a system restore may cause the loss of the current system settings; therefore, before doing this, please make sure that the system restore point is not too old and set a restore point for the current status.)

At this time, please try the following to narrow down the issue:

1.    Plug the keyboard to another computer and see how it works. On the problematic computer, you can also try another keyboard which works fine.

2.    Please check the issue in Safe Mode.

3.    Please check if you have configured some shortcut for the keys. If so, please disable them. Or, you can try to remove the software for the keyboard and reinstall it again:

For your reference, here is the software for Microsoft Wireless 6000 Keyboard

IntelliType Pro 6.31 32-bit for Windows Vista

IntelliType Pro 6.31 64-bit for Windows Vista

Considering the issue is related to our hardware and we have specialized support, it is also recommend to contact our hardware support for help. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

To contact them, please refer to the following information:

Microsoft Hardware Support

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/support/default.mspx

Hope the issue can be resolved soon.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Friday, June 5, 2009 10:02 AM
  • Thanks for y our reply.  I did try most of those things but you always forget the most obvious. I turned out that one of the keys somehow had stuck down.  Flipping it over and cleaning it out solved the problem.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 6:18 AM