FRAMEDYN.DLL missing in Windows 7 Professional (SP 1) RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to install the Rapport software supplied by my bank, from www.trusteer.com.

Unfortunately, it will not install - on checking with their support, it is because FRAMEDYN.DLL is missing from Windows/System32/wbem/

I have tried SFC /SCANNOW which did not find any issues and the DLL is still missing.

Should this have been installed on my computer?  It is odd that SFC did not find it missing!

Monday, October 24, 2011 7:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have checked many Windows 7 system computers, still cannot find this file exists under C:\Windows\System32\wbem. And since this is related to Trusteer product, please keep following their support, they should be able to better address the issue and secure a solution.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:33 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:32 AM
  • Problem has now been found and resolved.

The FRADMEDYN.DLL under Windows 7 appears in the folders:

C:\Windows\System32 and

C:\Windows\System32\SysWOW64

It does not need to be in C:\Windows\System32\wbem under Windws 7.

It was therefore not the issue

It transpired that the problem was the software by Trusteer could not install itself over the top of a previously removed installation!

Rich Mellor www.rwapservices.co.uk
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:41 AM

All replies

• Sir, try to Replace FRAMEDYN.DLL into the path Windows/system32/wbem/   :

Replace the Framedyn.dll File

1. ClickStart, and then clickRun.
    2. In theOpenbox, type%systemroot%\system32\dllcache, and then clickOK.
    3. Right-clickframedyn.dll, and then clickCopy.
    4. ClickStart, and then clickRun.
    5. In theOpenbox, type%systemroot%\system32\wbem, and then clickOK.
    6. On theEditmenu, clickPaste. If you are prompted to replace the existing file, clickYes.

also check this KB : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Monday, October 24, 2011 9:38 PM
  • I saw that article, but it relates to Windows XP - Windows 7 Professional does not have a folder Windows\system32\dllcache unfortunately.

The FIX IT for that article is hardly useful - it just reports this does not work on your version of Windows - there are no articles about this for Windows 7 - I wonder if the DLL is actually provided or used in Windows 7 !

Monday, October 24, 2011 10:23 PM
  • If you read my original post, I explain that I have run SFC / SCANNOW - it did not find any issues, and did not replace the file !

However, I have found the file on my PC's hard drive - it is both in

C:\Windows\System32 (272 K) and

C:\Windows\System32\SysWOW64 (198 K)

Rapport appears to expect it to be in

C:\Windows\System32\wbem\

I have gone back to their support to ask them to check why they are not picking it up from the correct place.

Odd that the two copies are different sizes though!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

I have checked many Windows 7 system computers, still cannot find this file exists under C:\Windows\System32\wbem. And since this is related to Trusteer product, please keep following their support, they should be able to better address the issue and secure a solution.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:33 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:32 AM
  • Problem has now been found and resolved.

The FRADMEDYN.DLL under Windows 7 appears in the folders:

C:\Windows\System32 and

C:\Windows\System32\SysWOW64

It does not need to be in C:\Windows\System32\wbem under Windws 7.

It was therefore not the issue

It transpired that the problem was the software by Trusteer could not install itself over the top of a previously removed installation!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:41 AM