Audio - not Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have accidentally deleted my audio base system device. I do NOT have MS Vista. Is there a program I can download to get my sound back? Please help! THANKS.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:59 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for posting!

Generally, if you accidentally removed the components in Device Manager, you may click Scan for hardware changes to make the system recognize the device again. If the system doesn’t find anything, please reinstall the driver for you're the device (audio card in your case, I guess). The driver disk should be delivered with the device, alternatively, you may visit the manufacturer’s website for the updated version of driver.

Besides, as this forum is for Windows Vista hardware issues, if this question happens on Windows XP-based computer, please use the Microsoft public newsgroups for Windows XP hardware (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware) which would be the most relevant newsgroup for your question.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware&cat=en_US_8288eeac-739b-4d5a-9ce9-ee7f27ed3b40&lang=en&cr=US

I hope the issue can be fixed soon! You understanding is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:38 AM