SQL issues preventing Primary Site Server Install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Been trying to install a Primary Server but keep getting the proplems below...

Have tried everything that i can think of, all the accounts are in the correct place, install account has sysadmin rights on remote SQL box, Primary site server computer account is local admin group on sql box, SPN has been configured for both FQDN and Netbios, firewall has been disabled and enabeld still no difference.

We have a site firewall and have enabled all the ports needed as documented in install documents. Are there any more ports needed to be open?

i have been using a port scanner and have seen attempts made for traffic on port 49154 ............ any ideas?

Can anyone guide me on what to try next..

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your reply...

This has now been resolved, SCCM is installing as i type..!

The issue was to do with the RPC Dynamic Port Range, SCCM was trying to use port 49,154 but on our site firewall the port range for RPC has been restricted to port range 10,000 to 11,000 hence why we were experincing the communication problems.

Had to configure the port range in component services on site server and SQL box, the install has now passed all prerequisites and is going through fine.!

many thanks once again.

• Marked as answer by The Overfiend Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:55 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:28 PM

All replies

• The screenshot does not display :-(

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:54 PM
  • Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your reply...

This has now been resolved, SCCM is installing as i type..!

The issue was to do with the RPC Dynamic Port Range, SCCM was trying to use port 49,154 but on our site firewall the port range for RPC has been restricted to port range 10,000 to 11,000 hence why we were experincing the communication problems.

Had to configure the port range in component services on site server and SQL box, the install has now passed all prerequisites and is going through fine.!

many thanks once again.

• Marked as answer by The Overfiend Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:55 PM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:28 PM