WSUS shows Windows 10 Clients as Vista Clients after Cleanup+ no updates RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support people and other Admins,

After a Cleanup  of updates WSUS shows Windows 10 clients as VISTA or VISTA Enterprise Edition clients.

There is also the problem that all of these clients don't get any updates and I have about a 100 annoyed users sitting here.

I would appreciate any suggestions .

Ps:I have seen the discussion about the hotfix kb3095113 and enabling upgrades in classification . I am hesitating to enable the upgrade feature because I do not want to upgrade some critical Win7 and Win8.1 Client Computers yet.

Thank you for any support in advance.

Regards Karen

Monday, March 28, 2016 10:56 PM

Answers

• Hi KarenKirstin,

>After a Cleanup  of updates WSUS shows Windows 10 clients as VISTA or VISTA Enterprise Edition clients.

>I have seen the discussion about the hotfix kb3095113 and enabling upgrades in classification .

Have you installed KB3095113? The KB can fix the problem that window10 show as Vista.

>I am hesitating to enable the upgrade feature because I do not want to upgrade some critical Win7 and Win8.1 Client Computers yet.

Only approved updates and upgrades on WSUS server can be installed on clients. If after installing the KB, you do not check "Upgrade" in product and classifications, clients will not upgrade.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by KarenKirstin Tuesday, March 29, 2016 10:21 PM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:58 AM

All replies

• Forgot to mention:

Windows Server 2012R2, Standalone, no separate SQL Server. Thanks :)

Monday, March 28, 2016 10:59 PM
  • Hi KarenKirstin,

>After a Cleanup  of updates WSUS shows Windows 10 clients as VISTA or VISTA Enterprise Edition clients.

>I have seen the discussion about the hotfix kb3095113 and enabling upgrades in classification .

Have you installed KB3095113? The KB can fix the problem that window10 show as Vista.

>I am hesitating to enable the upgrade feature because I do not want to upgrade some critical Win7 and Win8.1 Client Computers yet.

Only approved updates and upgrades on WSUS server can be installed on clients. If after installing the KB, you do not check "Upgrade" in product and classifications, clients will not upgrade.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by KarenKirstin Tuesday, March 29, 2016 10:21 PM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:58 AM
  • Good! Thank you very much.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 10:21 PM