none
DNS /Time Service/Group Policy Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing issues with PC's intermittently getting DNS 1014, Time-Service 131 and Group Policy 1054 and 1053 issues. I look in DNS on one of our servers and there is no A record for the machine after the machine starting up and producing these errors.

I have had this in the past with some other machines back at the start of 2015 and rebuilt the problem machines which solved it.

However although these are all machines in one suite most are windows 7 and 6 are Windows 10, I thought I might just rebuild all to Windows 10 to try and eliminate the issue but now 2 windows 10 machines in the room are having the issue...I haven't found the issue anywhere else in the establishment and the only change I can think of is the Windows Updates on Tuesday.

I was really hoping to never see this issue again.

Kind Regards,

John

Sunday, September 18, 2016 8:08 AM

Answers

• Hi John,

Cheer up.

>>Failed to connect SERVERNAME.domain.local with 81

On client, have you tried to ping DC?

How about the result of operation?

Have you tried to manually register DNS record for machine?

Please on DC, run dcdiag command to check DC and DNS function properly.

Please reference the link below to understand command:

Dcdiag

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731968%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

On the DNS server, have you enabled non-security dynamic updates?

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by John Lii Friday, September 30, 2016 8:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by John Lii Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HanModerator Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:23 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

Have you installed DNS integrated AD?

>> I am facing issues with PC's intermittently getting DNS 1014

Have you tried to resolve issue by following link below?

Event ID 1014: Microsoft Windows DNS client

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3336.event-id-1014-microsoft-windows-dns-client.aspx

How about result of operation?

>> only change I can think of is the Windows Updates on Tuesday.

Please uninstall the update and then try again.

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Monday, September 19, 2016 12:25 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by John555444 Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:15 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2016 7:03 AM
  • Hi,

We are now finding this issue across the domain on Windows 7 x64 machines, can't find the issue on windows 7 x86 machines or Windows 10 machines.

We have removed multiple updates from both the machines and DC's with no luck. I opened a call with microsoft a week ago and they have looked around dns and can't find an issue, checked replication etc and have enabled Group Policy logging. I have sent them a log but have not heard back yet...

Group policy logs seem to show the following ldap errors... but don't know why they can't communicate:

GPSVC(490.518) 21:07:09:223 GetLdapHandle:  Getting ldap handle for host: SERVERNAME.domain.local in domain: domain.local.
    GPSVC(490.518) 21:07:09:223 GetLdapHandle:  Server connection established.
    GPSVC(490.518) 21:07:09:223 GetLdapHandle:  Failed to connect SERVERNAME.domain.local with 81
    GPSVC(490.518) 21:07:09:223 GetDomainControllerConnectionInfo: GetLdapHandle failed 0x3a. Will try to forcefully discover DC.
    GPSVC(490.518) 21:07:09:223 GetDomainControllerConnectionInfo: DsGetDcName failed with 0x54b.
    GPSVC(490.518) 21:07:09:223 ProcessGPOs: The DC for domain domain.local is not available. aborting

I am really at my wits end with this!!!

Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:25 AM
  • Hi John,

Cheer up.

>>Failed to connect SERVERNAME.domain.local with 81

On client, have you tried to ping DC?

How about the result of operation?

Have you tried to manually register DNS record for machine?

Please on DC, run dcdiag command to check DC and DNS function properly.

Please reference the link below to understand command:

Dcdiag

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731968%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

On the DNS server, have you enabled non-security dynamic updates?

Best Regards

John

• Edited by John Lii Friday, September 30, 2016 8:00 AM
    • Proposed as answer by John Lii Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HanModerator Wednesday, October 12, 2016 9:23 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

John

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:09 AM