none
Direct Access setup Questions RRS feed

• Question

• hi

I have seen articles about direct access and was wondering if this is somthing that could be configured in my environment. I have 2 Nokia Firewalls which protect our coporate Lan hanging off these i have a DMZ configured on 192.168.x.x range in this DMZ i have one TMG server. we do not manage the network infrastructure this is done by a third party provider.  Am i correct in thinking that for direct access to work this server would need to be located in the DMZ and have 2 network adapters one connected to the internal and one connected to external.

Or is it posible  to move the direct access server into the lan and use TMG to pass the traffic through?

thanks

scottyDawg
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For DirectAccess to work the UAG server must have 2 consective public IP addresses.

It can be sat behind a firewall but must be placed in a publicly addressed DMZ that the traffic is routed and not NAT'ed.

So from looking at your configuration it is not possible. unless you site the UAG server along side the Nokia firewalls?

Regards,

rm_knight

Regards, Rmknight
    • Marked as answer by scottyDog666 Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:15 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For DirectAccess to work the UAG server must have 2 consective public IP addresses.

It can be sat behind a firewall but must be placed in a publicly addressed DMZ that the traffic is routed and not NAT'ed.

So from looking at your configuration it is not possible. unless you site the UAG server along side the Nokia firewalls?

Regards,

rm_knight

Regards, Rmknight
    • Marked as answer by scottyDog666 Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:15 PM
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 12:55 PM
  • Thanks for that, very helpful

scottyDawg
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:15 PM