help RRS feed

• Question

•  

hello can any1 help my keyboard wireless 6000v.2 two keys has re-located the selfs the @ key is now under number 2 where this shud b " but that is now under @ key please help ty ...... i have already tryed many times to reinstall it no good
    Tuesday, July 29, 2008 3:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Mostly, this issue could be caused by following factors:

1.Virus or Trojan.

2.Third party keyboard program.

3.Hardware problem.

Given the situation, I suggest updating your anti-virus program to the latest version and perform a virus scan first.

If you do not own an antivirus program, Microsoft offers Windows Live OneCare safety scanner. To download a free trial version of Windows Live OneCare, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm

Then, please try to take a Clean Boot to check whether this a third party keyboard program problem.

Clean Boot

===================

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type ''msconfig'' (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.

3. On the Startup tab, click Disable All.

4. On the Services tab, check the box before ''Hide All Microsoft Services'' and then click Disable All.

5. Click OK. When you are prompted to restart the computer, do so.

A dialog box will appear indicating that some changes have been applied to Windows Configurations. Please mark the check box and then cancel this dialog box.

6. Please check if the issue persists in Clean Boot mode.

Note: To restore the computer to use a Normal Startup, click Normal Startup on the General tab in the System Configuration Utility, click OK, and then restart the computer.

Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

However, if the issue still persists, it is recommended that you post the issue in Microsoft Hardware Products Discussions Group. They mainly focus on Microsoft Hardware Products question and problem.

Discussions in Microsoft Hardware Products

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am afraid we need more information about your problem. Could you please describe your problem more detail?

At same time, please help me confirm the following points:

1.Is this keyboard Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000?

2.The re-located problem is a physical problem or a typing problem?

3.You mentioned you reinstall it. Keyboard or Windows Vista?

Thanks.

By the way, could you please test your problem in Safe Mode?

Run Windows Vista Safe Mode

================================

1. Detach all unnecessary peripheral devices from your computer, such as printers, scanners and removable storage devices.

2. Restart the computer.

3. Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.

4. Choose Safe Mode, and press Enter.

5. Test the issue in Safe Mode to see if the issue still exists.

Hope it helps.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:35 AM
  •  

hello am using windows xp pro and my microsoft wireless laser 6000 v2.0 kepboard has a typing error ....... when i press shift and the @ key this comes up " the keys on the keyboard are all mixed up when i press a key say for e.g. when i press ~ that key i get \ . so can anyone help me fix this problem
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:40 AM
  • Hi,

Mostly, this issue could be caused by following factors:

1.Virus or Trojan.

2.Third party keyboard program.

3.Hardware problem.

Given the situation, I suggest updating your anti-virus program to the latest version and perform a virus scan first.

If you do not own an antivirus program, Microsoft offers Windows Live OneCare safety scanner. To download a free trial version of Windows Live OneCare, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm

Then, please try to take a Clean Boot to check whether this a third party keyboard program problem.

Clean Boot

===================

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type ''msconfig'' (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.

3. On the Startup tab, click Disable All.

4. On the Services tab, check the box before ''Hide All Microsoft Services'' and then click Disable All.

5. Click OK. When you are prompted to restart the computer, do so.

A dialog box will appear indicating that some changes have been applied to Windows Configurations. Please mark the check box and then cancel this dialog box.

6. Please check if the issue persists in Clean Boot mode.

Note: To restore the computer to use a Normal Startup, click Normal Startup on the General tab in the System Configuration Utility, click OK, and then restart the computer.

Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

However, if the issue still persists, it is recommended that you post the issue in Microsoft Hardware Products Discussions Group. They mainly focus on Microsoft Hardware Products question and problem.

Discussions in Microsoft Hardware Products

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.mshardware.product

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:25 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as Answered as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Monday, August 4, 2008 9:42 AM