Less options for Sharing inside our "Modern Sharepoint admin center" comapred to "Classic sharepoint admin center" RRS feed

• Question

• When i access the Sharing settings for a sharepoint site collection inside classic UI, i will get these options:-

while if i access the sharing settings for the same site collection inside the modern UI for the SP center admin, i will get these minimal options:-

now the problem that all the modern site collections will not appear inside the classic sharepoint admin center, so for those sites how i can access all the sharing settings found inside the classic sharing settings? mainly the sharing settings for the "Default link Type" and "default link permissions"?

Regards

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The modern SharePoint Admin Center is a new feature and is in the improving phase. It may take some time to improve.

You can use SharePoint Online PowerShell Set-SPOSite command to configure the external sharing for the site collection.

For example using Set-SPOSite, set DefaultLinkPermission to configure the default link type for the site collection; set DefaultLinkPermission to set The default link permission for the site collection

Information about Set-SPOSite:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-online/set-sposite?view=sharepoint-ps

Best regards,

Linda

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by johnjohn11 Thursday, March 28, 2019 12:51 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2019 10:38 AM