none
Project Server 2010 report issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am having a problem where our users are only able to produce a summary report. Upon printing a report we are usually presented with a menu with many options prior to printing.

The farm is fully up to date and no changes have been made administratively. I have searched around but am unable to find anyone with the same issue.

Thanks for looking.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How is your report built? Is it an SSRS report? What is exactly the issue? Can you still produce the report but you don't have anymore printing options?

Please share with us more details and if possible a screenshot.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:02 PM
  • Hi and thanks for the response. It is an OTTB Report from what I gather, You can select any report e.g. cash flow etc but it will only provide the Summary irrespective of what you select.

Hope this is clear. Apologies I am not a Project Professional so my experience is very limited with this.

• Edited by Miggi03 Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:50 PM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:14 PM
  • Is it a report edited from MS Project or from PWA (web interface)? Is it an Excel report?

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 3:16 PM
  • It’s from MS Project. Output is as a print (to printer / pdf etc.) There is no visual counterpart unfortunately.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 3:28 PM
  • Does anyone have any further troubleshooting steps for me to try out?

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

Are you talking about the reports or Visual reports from the project tab? Can you tell me the exact steps and if possible a screenshot?

Then do you have this issue for all projects? For all users on any machine? I'm trying to understand if it is about MS Project or about a specific file.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 12:33 PM
  • Hi

It’s ‘Reports’, not ‘Visual Reports’ (Visual Reports seem to work fine). Seems to be all users but just this project file, both opened from Project Server or saved and opened locally. Some screen shots below;

The screenshot below is output when ‘Cash Flow’ report is selected – normally a dialogue box opens with options for the various report parameters however this foes straight to print;

Screenshots are in order.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:48 PM
  • Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:48 PM
  • The project might be corrupted.

Try the save for sharing method to repair it.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 1:50 PM