ODIN Application doesn't work Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I am using Windows 7 release candidate. This was a fresh install. All applications work fine except ODIN Diet client. This application is a trading terminal for Indian exchanges provided by Financial Technologies. 

This application works fine on Windows 7 when using wireless (wi-fi) connection or LAN. When using a datacard (GSM based dialup connection) this application fails with error - Socket error (10055), setsockopt

Any idea what could be going work? Since it works when using LAN I suspect it is to do with some settings in dial-up connections. Any idea what has changed in Windows 7 related to this. 

This application works fine on Windows Vista on all types of connections - wifi, LAN and datacard.

I haven't tested it but other users have mentioned that it used to work fine on Windows 7 Beta 1 using a datacard. It just stopped working in Windows 7 RC1

Thanks
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Nitin,

You can get the details about the various errors in setsockopt from the given link below, which might help in tracing the problem

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740476(VS.85).aspx

You can also refer to link given below for more information

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937385

or

Try running the program in compatability mode. right click on the program and click Troubleshoot Compatibility. You may also want to try updating your data card drivers and closing all unnecessary programs.

Hope this helps.

---------
    Kala
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:03 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Nitin,

You can get the details about the various errors in setsockopt from the given link below, which might help in tracing the problem

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740476(VS.85).aspx

You can also refer to link given below for more information

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937385

or

Try running the program in compatability mode. right click on the program and click Troubleshoot Compatibility. You may also want to try updating your data card drivers and closing all unnecessary programs.

Hope this helps.

---------
    Kala
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Thursday, August 6, 2009 1:03 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 6:02 PM
  • Hi Kala,
    I could not get this to work. I checked all errors for setsockopt without luck. Finally I tried installing Virtual PC + Windows XP mode and it works fine on that. Something changed in Windows 7, don't know what

Nitin
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:54 AM
  • Hi Kala,
    I could not get this to work. I checked all errors for setsockopt without luck. Finally I tried installing Virtual PC + Windows XP mode and it works fine on that. Something changed in Windows 7, don't know what

Nitin

Nitin,

Now with Windows 7 released officially,  Did you get a solution for this ?  I tried options linke disabling firewall , compatability mode , nothing works .  I doubt its not wrong with the application but something in Windows 7 itself.

Naresh
    Monday, October 26, 2009 12:27 PM
  • i am also facing this setsockopt error (10055) pse guide me to rectify it
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:48 AM
  • Hi Frnds,

Odin Diet 9.1.0.5 has issues in getting connected to the server over datacard in Windows 7.  This issue is due to the way windows 7 handles the datacard.  Currently there is no known workaround or solution.  We have to use Odin with standard network connection(wireless LAN/DSL Connection), till the software vendor to comes up with a solution. 

Thanks

Balaji
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 4:42 AM
  • Hi balaji, We are appreciate you but many client are getting frustration Hope we will get solution ASAP by FT
    • Proposed as answer by mashenoy Friday, February 5, 2010 3:55 AM
    Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:35 AM
  •  

Hi

This is an Application Compatibility Issue with windows 7 Home & Ultimate Edition however if you use windows 7 Professional you won’t face this issue. "System Error (10055) (setsockopt)" can be fixed by editing the registry for Odin application.

Tried & Tested

• Proposed as answer by Ishfaq Gulzar Saturday, February 6, 2010 7:56 AM
    Friday, February 5, 2010 4:09 AM
  • You need to add loop back IP Address 127.0.0.1 to have a socket connection in windows 7
    Editing registry Setting TCP IP under Odin Manager,
    You can reach me at maheshs@maestros.net

• Proposed as answer by mashenoy Friday, February 5, 2010 8:58 AM
    Friday, February 5, 2010 8:57 AM
  • Hi
    I have already tried it on Windows 7 Professional but did not work. It has got same problem over Windows 7 Professional. Then I tried to install VMWEAR on W7 Prof. but it also could not get installed becasue of some compatibility issues. If W7 have some compatable issue then it should run on VMWear we have to look  for VMWear which is compatable on W7.

Saturday, February 6, 2010 8:02 AM
  • There is a solution to work ODIN DIET™ in windows 7 O.S with Datacard, kindly co-ordinate with the respective regional FT Support branch for the same.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 7:21 AM
  • Please open registry >odin\manager\  create new string value name    Loop back IP Address = 127.0.0.1

And change following registry

Udp - Local - Addr = 127.0.0.1:5553:0
    Udp - Remote - Addr = 127.0.0.1:7777:0

Thanks
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 6:42 AM

•   plz let me know how to add loop back ip address.

i did other two changes. so that i am able to log in. but i am not able to get the rates ie is rates are not refreshing. thank you very much for ur help
    Monday, February 15, 2010 4:06 AM
  • System Error (10055) (setsockopt) Solution FOR ODIN IN WINDOW VISTA & WINDOW 7

1st GO TO RUN AND ADD REGEDIT AND OPEN ODIN AND CLICK ODIN MANAGER AND CLICK Client TCP-IP AND MODIFY UDP-Local-Addr AND ADD IP 127.0.0.1:5553:0 AND NEXT MODIFY UDP-Remote-Addr 127.0.0.1:7777:0

2nd GO TO CONTROL PANEL AND OPEN Program And Features CLICK Turn Window features on or off AND on TELNET AND RESTART YOUR PC AND CHACK YOUR ODIN

Thank you

Saturday, May 15, 2010 4:44 AM
  • System Error (10055) (setsockopt) Solution FOR ODIN IN WINDOW VISTA & WINDOW 7

1st GO TO RUN AND ADD REGEDIT AND OPEN ODIN AND CLICK ODIN MANAGER AND CLICK Client TCP-IP AND MODIFY UDP-Local-Addr AND ADD IP 127.0.0.1:5553:0 AND NEXT MODIFY UDP-Remote-Addr 127.0.0.1:7777:0

2nd GO TO CONTROL PANEL AND OPEN Program And Features CLICK Turn Window features on or off AND on TELNET AND RESTART YOUR PC AND CHACK YOUR ODIN

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Saturday, May 15, 2010 4:45 AM

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Saturday, May 15, 2010 4:46 AM

Thank you

Saturday, May 15, 2010 4:46 AM
  • i can solve the problem by 10 mints just you ve to call at my no..9836383370

and charges is rs.300 only postpaid....

Thursday, June 24, 2010 2:03 PM