Hyper-V Smart Paging error when creating new VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a freshly installed Hyper-V Server Core TP 10 installed.  I have it installed selecting all the defaults, one big c-drive and have not changed any of the Hyper-V settings during during or after this installation.  (Third time to install this time picked all the defaults)

I have it connected to my domain and am able to connect to the server via the Hyper-V Manager in a Windows 10 enterprise workstation.

My problem is when clicking finish to create a VM with the wizard I am getting the following error:

Failed to change the Smart Paging Store for virtual machine " to ": one or more arguments are invalid (0x80070057)

Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Bill,

Could you try to locate the vm smart paging location to a more free disk space partition?

More information:

Hyper-V Dynamic Memory Overview

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831766.aspx

I’m glad to be of help to you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Alex Lv Wednesday, December 31, 2014 8:08 AM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 2:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Bill,

Could you try to locate the vm smart paging location to a more free disk space partition?

More information:

Hyper-V Dynamic Memory Overview

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831766.aspx

I’m glad to be of help to you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Alex Lv Wednesday, December 31, 2014 8:08 AM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 2:57 AM
  • Hi Bill, what was the final remedy to this error...I have the exact same error after updating my hyper-v server to the evaluation version of hyper-v server , I have tried to locate the VM's to a very sizable disk part, even separate disk with no avail,. I am reluctant to do a fresh install and lose all of my remoteFX settings and firewall settings, updating did keep these settings intact, Thanks Kevin
    Sunday, March 15, 2015 3:16 PM