Hide Gmail inbox RRS feed

• Question

• I'm mostly using Outlook 2016 for Mac for my work, which is an Office 365 account.

I connected it to my Google account for calendar and contacts. I don't want to use Outlook for my Gmail. I already know you can't exclude Gmail from the Google account in Outlook for Mac.

What I'd like to know is whether I can exclude my Google inbox from the Outlook notifications. I want the little red "unread email" icon in the Dock to show the count of unread emails in my Office 365 account only, and not the combined total of Office 365 + Gmail.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, May 13, 2019 3:08 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2019 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi chris.shaffer,

By default, the Outlook folder list groups similar folders, such as inboxes, from all of your mail and Microsoft Exchange accounts. This feature can make it easier to read all your messages at once, without having to move between mail folders.

Currently, we cannot set to only show emails from one account under All Accounts section.

We can turn off this feature, so each account and all its folders are separated in the folder list.

1. To do this, on the Outlook menu, click Preferences.
    2. Under Personal Settings, click General.
    3. Under Folder list, clear the Group similar folders, such as Inboxes, from different accounts check box.

Besides, we may also create a rule to mark emails from Gmail as read so that you will not see the unread notification.

If you don't want to check emails from Gmail at all, we can also add a condition "Delete Message" in rule description.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:42 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Hi chris.shaffer,

I'm writing to see if the information above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 20, 2019 7:00 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 20, 2019 7:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:31 AM
  • Hi chris.shaffer,

Haven't heard an update from you? Was the information helpful to you?

If you have more questions, please feel free to post back.

If the information is helpful, it's recommended to mark it as answer.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, May 17, 2019 5:17 AM