none
Troubleshooting: Custom view / table not loading properly after full reboot of program RRS feed

• Question

• I have Project Pro 2016, Windows 10.

As we know, to create a custom view, we also need to create the custom table, otherwise it will only safe half of the custom view. I have done this, and I have copied them both to the Global pool.

If I close and open different project plans, keeping the main shell of Project Pro open, then the custom view works perfectly.

If I close the Project Professional Shell, then when I try to apply the custom view, it does not apply the table. When I then instruct it to apply a different table, and switch back to my custom table, it strips out the columns that aren't present in my custom table (fine), but doesn't add in the additional ones. Resulting in a half empty page. Its like its only half loading the table.

If I then, make any alteration at all to the table (say deselect Show In Menu), then reapply the table, it displays perfectly.

So far, I have tried:

Running Project Pro as offline, and as connected to the server.

Deleting and recreating the custom table.

Deleting and recreating the custom view.

Copying both of them to global each time.

Gone through other settings to try and find any oddities that could be causing this.

Raked Google for forums about Problems with custom view and custom tables - I am struggling to find any mention of issues.

I'd be really grateful for any help. I cant see the point of having custom views or tables, if they just don't work. Yet if they did work, it would shave hours off of my work trying to rake through for the information I need.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:18 AM