none
The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Receving the "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed" error during the OSDsetupact.log in Windows 7 x64 in Dell 7040 models.

Uploaded the  setupact.log in the below URL.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aj2wii50lHANhFuQawqavDaO9eE0

Error"

i have tried the below methods and it did not help

Method 1

1.     Hold down "Shift + F10" to open the command prompt 
    2.     On the command prompt type "regedit" with no quotes to open the Registry Editor 
    3.     Go to:- HKLocal machine -> System ->Setup ->Status -> ChildCompletion 
    4.     Highlight ChildCompletion and on the right you will see "setup.exe" 
    5.     Double click "setup.exe" and verify the value is set to "1" 
    6.     Change the value to "3" 
    7.     Close the registry editor and close the command prompt. 
    8.     Click OK on the error message and now the installation process should complete.  

Method 2
    cd Windows\System32\oobe
    msoobe

i have checked harddisk and memory are in good condition. can someone help what could be the problem.

Regards, Boopathi

Monday, July 24, 2017 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I noticed that you have tried several users but still no help.

I suppose that there might be something wrong with your Dell computer itself, I’m afraid your best bet is contacting Dell support for further help, they are the best resources to troubleshoot this issue.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:02 AM
  • thank you so much much much much much much,thank you!
    Thursday, January 30, 2020 5:25 AM