unable to use the "Upload Multiple Pictures" option in a Picture Library. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am unable to use the "Upload Multiple Pictures" option in a Picture Library.

When I try to use this option, it says that "If you have not finished uploading the pictures, switch to the picture editor and finish uploading. When you have finished, close the picture editor, and click the link below. " (the link is pointing to the picture Library).

Currently i am using 64bit Windows 7 , Office 2010 and silverlight 4.0. So Can anyone help me to know what is the exact issue and why this happen ??

Regards,

Ajit Shinde

Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:07 AM

Answers

• Hi

If  you want to use the silverlight drag and drop functionality, use an asset library. The default OOB behaviour for uploading multiple items in a picture library is to open and use picture manager. This is installed by office.

If you do not have office installed you can not upload multiple items in any library.

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others to grow

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

• Proposed as answer by SekThang Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by ajitshinde Friday, November 2, 2012 10:37 AM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:03 PM

All replies

• you must have Office Pictures Manager (coming with Office 2010) to upload multiple pictures

another way (if you don't have it) is to open with Explorer the lib (Library tab on top of the ribbon, and click on Open with Explorer button on the Open and Export section)

Regards, 

Sekar

• Edited by SekThang Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:17 AM
    • Proposed as answer by SekThang Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:17 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by ajitshinde Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:30 AM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:12 AM
  • Hi

I have office picture manager installed on my machine. Other options are working at my end ex:- Open in windows Explorer.

But we required upload multiple option only.

Thanks

------------------------------

Regards

Ajit Shinde

Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:30 AM
  • Hi

I have created one picture library and now when i click on multiple upload i got following screen and it says it will open in Office picture manager.

Is there any way where i will get silver light multiple upload screen which came in document library. Please check below screen

So can anyone help me to know , whether in picture library by default Office picture manger came ? Or i will get silverlight  multiple upload control ?

----------------------

Thanks

Ajit Shinde

Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:47 AM
  • See when you are trying to upload multiple pictures from your physical drive by default you may get office picture manager.

Regards,

Sekar

Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

Ok, Now i am getting office picture manager by default while uploading multiple pictures. But is there any way where i can show silver light multiple upload in picture library ?

Thanks

----------------------

Regards

Ajit Shinde

Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:02 AM
  • Hi

If  you want to use the silverlight drag and drop functionality, use an asset library. The default OOB behaviour for uploading multiple items in a picture library is to open and use picture manager. This is installed by office.

If you do not have office installed you can not upload multiple items in any library.

Sekar - Our life is short, so help others to grow

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

• Proposed as answer by SekThang Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by ajitshinde Friday, November 2, 2012 10:37 AM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:03 PM