Cannot see all folders on removable drive on Win 7 taskbar Computer Toolbar RRS feed

• Question

• I created a toolbar on my task bar for my Computer Folder.

When I holder the mouse cursor over my external USB (F:\)drive, only a few folders are displayed, including a selection for" show all drive files."

When I click on that icon, I get the following message with F:\explorer.exe on the title bar.:

"Windows cannot find 'F:\explorer.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." followed by an OK button.

When I view the drive in Windows Explorer, all folders are visible.

Gateway laptop Windows 7 Professional SP1
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The problem might rest with the command line your shortcut is using is 'f:\explorer.exe'. If you only need it to open the directory then the command should read 'F:\'.

Hope this helps

Cathal

Cathal O'Brien BSc, PgDip, PhD . Techsmart Computer Repair
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 5:31 PM
  • It seems like any toolbar that references my F:\ drive has the same problem, whether it be COMPUTER, or a separate toolbar for F:\. Only the folders are displayed, I no longer see the "Show All Drives" icon. When I expand the F:\ drive, I still see only three folders out of a possible 20 or so.

I have tried unplugging the drive and plugging it back in, but to no avail.

Could this be a security issue of some sort - I have both the drive and the folders set to full permission for me.

Gateway laptop Windows 7 Professional SP1
    Sunday, May 8, 2011 12:25 PM